School Field Trips
From the Director, Rosemary Swan:
"It is so important that the child has time to play and be creative. Only through this process do the skills for everyday life develop. In over 30 years of teaching pottery I have watched children’s problem solving ability, attention span, creative endeavour, and self esteem increase through their pottery making pursuits."
At the Gloucester Pottery School we can tailor your school field trip to fit your curriculum. Click Here: Ceramics Application for the Ontario Provincial Grade Level Curriculum Above is a chart that outlines how a handbuilding clay project complies with the Ontario Provincial Grade Level Curriculum:
To book your field trip, simply email:
- a few preferred dates and times
- approximate amount of participants (children and adults)
- theme or project you would like to do
- request an English or a French instructor
- whether you would like to come to Gloucester Pottery School or whether you would like us to come to your school**
- email information to email@example.com
- a $35 deposit may be needed to reserve your booking payable by credit card, cash, or cheque
Cost is $14.90 per participant (no HST).*
- *Minimum of 13 participants and *Maximum of 30 participants per group/class.
- 31+ participants would be divided into 2 groups.
- **For offsite workshops (GPS doing the workshop at your location) a 20 participants minimum charge will be invoiced.
- For schools located more than 15 kilometres from our location a travel time fee of $62.30 +HST will be added to the invoice. Schools located more than 30 kilometres will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Pricing is for school groups only and including local community organizations: brownies, girl guides and scouts.
- Activity will have an approximate instruction duration of 1.5 hours
- Each child will create an individual clay project while learning about handbuilding pottery techniques such as: pinch pots, slab or coil building, extrusions, and slump molds.
- Pottery will be fired and glazed by our technicians and ready to pick up 2 weeks after booking date.
***FOR MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS AND OF AGE 11 YEARS AND UP WE CAN ORGANISE ON THE WHEEL SESSIONS AT THE GLOUCESTER POTTERY SCHOOL FOR 12 PARTICIPANTS OR LESS. PLEASE EMAIL FOR PRICING.
What students say when asked about the importance of field trips:
"1. Enhances learning experiences.
2. Provide learning opportunities that are not available within the four walls of a classroom.
3. Field trips break the monotony of classroom setting and can stimulate a student's interest in learning."